https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VUXZSJf5k

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Oh, I Met a Guardian Angel!

Angels…  I’ve never really paid attention to the subject until now.

I believe I am a well grounded person with an age-old faith and a practical mind.  However, I think I have met one too many angels in my life – right when I needed one.

I do not mean creatures with wings and heavenly faces, but  beings just the same, who have brought good tidings to my life. Human beings from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, with different beliefs.

Today, I believe I have met one.  The amazing circumstance and coincidence that brought us to meet and share a glimpse of our lives amazed me.

To you, my dear, I say, thank you for making me recognise something in my life.  A wake up call.  A confirmation.

To people who were instruments to get me back to my feet whenever I fell face down, thank you.  You were heaven-sent.  When my parents died, there were one too many people who helped me survive.  One was my best friend who now reside in New Zealand.  Close friends, whom I now consider as family, have helped my family when my husband’s life was endangered and my family’s security was compromised.

When my family migrated to Canada, numerous people helped to get us settled.  They were heaven-sent.  I call them kindred spirits, who welcomed us in their lives despite not fully knowing who we were…  So many people who extended helping hands to my children.

When my daughter, at a very young age had a life-threatening surgery and had to lose one of her organs, Sarah and May and their families – were heaven-sent.

People like Christine, who at the perfect moment of my almost meltdown, called me and just insisted her way to my life and my family’s.

Kind people who gave me a break in my career.  I call them angels.  There is this particular person in my workplace – but I believe she wants to remain anonymous.  Well, Miss A, you were an angel.

Today, I actually met one.  Thank you, my dear, for being instrumental to my making decisive steps in one aspect of my life.  You don’t actually know it, but you were the healing oil to a wound that I have been carrying.  Hence, my first steps to healing.

I thought that wound  was already a battle scar – until it occurred to me that the surface has healed but it was still fresh inside.  So,my need for healing.

Thank you, my dear angel, for reassuring that I am not alone in this situation and that God is a God of second chances.  The imperfections that we call, are actually what makes us perfectly magnificent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment